Mrs. Johnston

About Me

Let’s talk about me!

I grew up in Alberta, but British Columbia is my true home. I love spending time outside, especially by the ocean, exploring under rocks and in tide pools. My bachelor’s degree is in biology, and I love to discover new things about life and the way things work.

As a teacher, I hope to inspire young people to be curious about the world. I want to connect with students, to share what I know, and to learn new things together.

I came to the UNBC education program to be a part of a smaller community of learners. The personal connections I have made are invaluable as I progress to become a certified teacher in this school district. I have gained hands-on ideas and activities that I am excited to bring into my practice.

Building relationships with students is something I am looking forward to as I enter the teaching profession. I love to see the diversity in students’ learning styles and their many interests. I plan to create a classroom environment that all students feel welcome in, regardless of their background, by having open communication and conversations not only about course content, but about real-life issues as well.